Thursday, May 3, 2012

Back to life, back to reality...The Afro-Elitist Mission/Purpose Elevator Speech missive...



Miss me?


As The Afro-Elitist blog began back in 2008, I had no idea how much time, effort and energy it took to construct several paragraphs of prose concerning topical subject matters which personally appealed to me. Hence my sporadic production of the blog.  Further, the overwhelming task of producing quality vs quantity requires a herculean commitment to being true to oneself combined with creativity.  Journalistic integrity for a non-journalist was quite challenging, it still is.

Over the last year, I've moved from the first city to the second city, lost the loves of my life, one a romance and the other and a film project I spent years producing, gained perspective on humanity, and enrolled in a master's program in social work.

While my progressive politics flavor the commentary, there is no concentration on politics, business, music, film, media, celebrities, sports or gossip...so it will be a mixed-bag of topics, with a common sense approach.  Hopefully the topical scope broadens as well.  You won't always agree with me, and that's embraced.  Don't take this blog so seriously either...have fun with it.  I pledge to respect your time by producing provocative, inspiring, fun, material.  Will I produce consistent material? Only time will tell.  Thanks for your time.

Cheers y'all,

The Afro-Elitist

PS - Heeere's Obama is my only 2012 post...the remaining posts are at least a year old...they're still good, just old.  Don't judge me.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
let's find out together...